..

Wednesday 23 September 2020

Bare with me...

okay?  

The air quality yesterday in Shropshire was so poor he could have been Jack the Ripper cruising the Whitechapel Road looking for his next victim.  London in those days was famous for its pea soup fog, Tuesday had a very similar feel?

With top hat firmly in place and a swirl of his black cloak we set off.

We were on a mission to buy me a new flat thing as this one is at full capacity.  As we had a 20+ mile journey, himself phoned up the tablet shop to see if our trip would finish up with me getting what I required.

‘Yes, we have a range for you to choose from in stock!’

We set off after a good final mornings training session with Helen our lovely dog training girl. To call it dog training is a huge misnomer as it should be called human training.  Interestingly as we were saying our last goodbyes I got out the plinky-plonky sound machine for calming dogs and her view on them was very positive.  She is one helluva clued up lassie having been to university to do animal behaviour.  A friend of hers had done a dissertation on these very machines and found that yes they do work.  I have written here about it and I think some of you have bought one.  So that was an interesting last piece of information she imparted.  Anyway I am getting off the subject of Jack and his able assistant’s trip out.  The girl in the shop was poured into a pair of revealing cut off leggings, her bottom was fighting with the fabric for supremacy and winning; so much so that through the mesh material you could see her frilly thong being devoured by the not inconsiderable crack of her bott.  I would be the first to admit I have gone out tricked up in some outlandish outfits and having been a large-ish lass have sympathy, however this ensemble wasn’t in any way remotely business-like.  The heat was getting to her and who could blame her poured into Max Wall leggings of a clinging kind.  To add insult to injury she wasn’t the slightest bit interested in making a sale.  Added to which, at my request to buy the one I had decided upon, she said we haven’t got one in the shop!  Worse than that we won’t have any for up to four weeks.

‘Err, we were told you had some of each in stock and we have come a considerable way to buy one!’

This brought about a zilch response.  I swept out of the shop with a rather cutting...

‘Thank you for your help!’

Steam gently escaping, not only because it was a hot day and a wasted journey.  Not even the fact I had bought two more pencil sharpeners from Tiger could lighten my glowering mood!  I have a thing about so many things,pencil sharpeners are my latest little aberration... don’t ask!?!

Chuntering all the way through Waitrose and Sainsbury’s in readiness for the possible lockdown, even that didn’t calm my crotchety mood.  

‘I know what I will do I will buy one on line from John Lewis and find someone locally to transfer the info!’

The husband wasn’t impressed saying I was doing it arse about face.  Knowing all the while I have never very often been known to do things in the correct order!

And that is exactly what I have done, finding along the way a lovely sounding guy who will come along and jiggery-pokery our tablets, I am graciously giving mine to the husband who having dropped his, has to read his morning paper through the screen that has the same pea soup gloom as  London fog back in the day when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets of London.



8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new tablet. I know what you mean about those " leggings". The other day I was rather horrified by a sight I saw. A young lady, not thin, but not exactly fat, who was wearing pale pink, thin fabric, tight ones. I could see the shape of her " front bottom" through them......aarg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t dare look at the front, I might have found she had taken her kitten to work?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Mine too especially as it so accurately sums up how I feel at times.

      LX

      Delete
  3. The fog would have been better off obscuring the sales clerk's big bott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have been more kindly if she had been a bit more on the ball. She was obviously suffering in the nether regions!

      LX

      Delete
  4. You should've asked to speak to the manager! With so many people unemployed now it annoys the heck out of me when I come across this kind of service in a shop. I'm annoyed on your behalf!!
    What happened to your air quality? Remember during the 'real' lockdown they told us our air quality was much much better? It's a shame really that we couldn't find a way to keep that.
    Pencil sharpeners???? I'm curious about what you use so many pencils for!
    I think there's quite a lot of faulty mirrors around these days. I've seen some sights too that only a faulty mirror could be blamed for.
    I hope you're soon all tech'd up and ready for action. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor air quality could have been due to so many things, not least the vast amount of traffic now on the roads it was particularly noticeable driving home. Later that day on the top of Clee we looking down through the gloom, the glorious views obscured, Ellie didn’t mind though.

      The manager was there, he had the same ‘Am I bothered... Naaaah!’ attitude. A new tablet is due out any time soon so the old olds are given short shrift, I suppose? The pencil sharpener fetish is an innocent and cheap little brightener, trouble is the pencils are now getting shorter as I sharpen for Britain!

      The tablet arrives today, along with a water wheel water feature...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...