..

Saturday 26 September 2020

Well there’s a...

a thing!  

It has been an eventful few days.  To start with I am now talking to you from the command deck of Starship Enterprise. 

The first problem is...

Who is this wizen old crone that has got in on the act of this facial recognition carry-on?

I’ve been hacked and hacked off is how I am feeling.  This old lass makes Cruella De Ville look a positive pussy cat.  The grumpier she looks the more afeared I am.

The techwhizz came and instructed me on the finer points of lightly chiselling on a tablet of stone.

Sadly the printer had a fit of pique and wouldn’t play. So that nice John Lewis Esq. is as we speak preparing to send me a compatible, all singing, all dancing printer worthy of Capt. Kirk aka as Lettice manning the bridge.





 


10 comments:

  1. Best of luck...I have the right thing on my tablet to talk to the printer...it sulks...so I have to email things to the printer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blooming printers are now the prima-donnas of the weird world we find ourselves in. They not only are as rare as hens ruddy teeth, they now cost shedloads of money, AND to add insult to injury only deign to play if there is a K in the month. I thought I was tricky?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it takes a wile to get it all sorted out, don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am not getting downhearted Moni, I am just a spoilt lump!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Was fingerprint id not enough for the new tech piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised you say that printers cost "shed loads of money" in one of your comments. I buy my printers from Tesco and they cost about £30 for a decent Canon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I want is one that has ink reservoirs instead of ink cartridges, so much cheaper in the long run. The thing is Rachel so many printers are cheaper to buy new than to pay for the cartridges. This then encourages people to throw them away and buy another one!

      LX

      Delete
  5. I don't actually use the printer that much anymore. I used to use it all the time to print out photographs but I've not been doing that lately and I send out very few letters these days. It's all done by email now. My face recognition on my phone doesn't recognise me when I have my mask on which is a blooming nuisance in Tesco as I now have my clubcard as an app! Don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about - lol. Thank goodness for grandchildren!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write every couple of months to the ‘boys’ in the highlands, one newsy letter to each. I reminisce about when I lived there, so many of their chums have died due in no small part to the drink. They are amused by how much I remember of so many funny things. So a printer is essential as my writing has becoming so blooming loopy nobody can read it!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...