..

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Ellie has captured the...

Coronavirus and has it behind bars.  After giving it a very good duffing-up!

Hopefully this has cracked it!?!


 I knew this grille would come in useful sometime!

This is going to be her kennel when the clematis grows through...
air raid shelters eat your heart out!

The greenhouse has sadly been postponed once again: in the grand scheme of things is it important?
I don’t think so, although the husband might say different as his   dream of peace is shelved for the time being!

The plan for today is to make pea and ham soup, well not exactly ham!  I have just found some ham stock in the bottom of the freezer and a half dead packet of dried peas.  
Pea and Imagine Ham soup will be on the menu for today’s luncheon. 
My slink is getting slinkier as the podge as if by magic dissolves.
What is there not to like?

9 comments:

  1. Great photo of Ellie! I have two large plantpots just by our back door and in the summer once all the plants take over, our dog pushes between the two pots and lies behind them in the shade. He hates the heat and sun, he follows the shade round the garden in the summer and has his favourite cool spots! They're not daft are they! I presume you've now justified your find to hubby with this photo now! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was her hidey-hole when she first came and was frightened of just about everything. When I got the grille home I thought as I have taken the very flimsy and naff arch down I will now train the clematis up that. When it grows through it will give her a shady den... an outside kennel of the organic kind!

      The good thing about having Ellie is in this enforced shutdown we will have her to look at instead of each other, which is a decided plus!

      The husband has long ago forgotten to look amazed at the weird and wonderful I stroll home with. My power to shock is departing along with my looks!

      Happy days

      LX

      Delete
  2. Looks like she is having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That toy I bought thinking won’t last long as it isn’t really a dog toy. After the initial fear, she eventually took to it and now will play with it on her own...
      a result! I love to see her shake it side to side making my head pound with just looking!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Good for you. That Ellie looks like mischief on paws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is! She has been a joy, a pain and has given us a new look on this strange world we live in... A reason to get out there and give it some!

      LX

      Delete
  4. How her life has changed, yours, too. She was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some! We are all happy , well apart from the obvious.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...