..

Sunday 28 June 2020

I’ve done some...

wacky things in my time. Not for a nano-second would I change the good, the bad and the darn right ugly.  I have had a ball.

I have had a far few proposals, I wouldn’t mind but for a plump butterball of a lass, I am hardly a femme fatale!?! The only fatal might be caused by the man in question, eyes like gobstoppers as I hove into view arms overstretched, as I envelope him in my matronly boozoom, never again to see the light of day.

I have called an HRH... me ole matey, as I told him where to hop off!

I have opened my mouth and put my size six EEEEEE wide fitting foot in it! Surprised?  No I didn’t think you would be!

I have met more so-called celebs/royals than you could shake a stick at.

I have in my fledgling daytime TV cooking career nearly poisoned a nation, of that another time!

I have joked my way through school, sweet-talked my way through interviews and generally like Boudicca taken no prisoners, alive or dead.

Talking of dead, I have had a fair few encounters, not personally obv., otherwise I wouldn’t be sat here now talking my usual twaddle.

In a nutshell I have enjoyed my life.




Me, on the wedding merry go round third and final time... 
South Bank, London
28 October, 2008

12 comments:

  1. As long as you had fun, that's the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve had a blast Joan. It isn’t always easy to be open to what life tantalisingly has to offer. On occasions with eyes wide shut I have blundered on! Looking back now I am so glad I did!

      LX

      Delete
  2. A lovely photo..like me, third time lucky!!
    Life is interesting..and how many times did it go pearshaped when we didn't follow our gut instincts?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn’t agree more. First and second marriages I had misgivings, why didn’t I heed them? Third time lucky for us methinks gz!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I love those photos. I do love an old fashioned merry go round. You look fabulous in them, very happy :)
    Sounds like you could write a book about your experiences (changing the names to protect the 'innocent' of course!) I have had a very boring life compared to yours but I won't compare it to yours because I too wouldn't change a single thing and I'm as happy as a clam! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‘Happy as a clam!’ love that! Never complain, never compare... live your life to the max... whatever your max is and bugger the rest, I say. Easy said I know, not always so easy to put into practice though, we are only human after all! All just bobbling along doing the best for all and enjoying this life, because none of us know whether we will get another go!?!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we would known what we know now, the first two wouldn't have happen I think. I finally got the third one right, 31years and still very happy!
    Love the pictures... you having your own personalized horse.
    Have you ever worn that outfit again?..I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third time lucky! The clothes I have worn again not together though, the jacket I love, it is an Out of Exile. The shoes are my Minnie Mouse ones. We were married on the London Eye, it seemed appropriate as we were both recycled!?!

      And the horse did indeed boast my name, you obviously have eagle eyes!

      LX

      Delete
  6. The shoes are perfect. So is the smile. Now carry on, forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, red boats to sail off down the Thames. I plan to keep carrying on in my most times wacky ways!

      LX

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photographs, your happiness shines through.
    I like the sexy, and very practical, thigh high split!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, even at this late stage it pays to advertise!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...