..

Tuesday 28 July 2020

As a child with each...

step I grumbled!
‘Why do we have to trog to the far end of the beach?’  I would whine.
My father strode on listening to not one word of my grumbles.
We would find a lovely secluded section of the beach and settle happy away from the madding crowd.
I also did the same with Aaron who true to form grumped and groused at each and every step!
Looking at the crowds sitting cheek by jowl with each other on the 
Costa del Soulless, am I pleased that a crowded beach holds no appeal to me, thanks to Dad.





6 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything worse than sitting on a crowded anywhere! No fun atall and definitely boring.
    Our dads were right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Strange how years on these little things still hold sway. I would no more sit on a crowded beach with the spectre of the virus lurking than fly podgily through the air!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Many of the current pictures of folks on holiday are frighteningly crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of a hot, crowded beach ,with or without corona fills me with horror! I would much prefer to be walking through a wood with the dog! ( or along a deserted Northumberland beach)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We are off to the Pembrokeshire coast to walk the Newport Coast Path. I can’t wait to get away, hopefully not too many folk have the same idea?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...