..

Saturday 4 July 2020

I stood outside...

a shop looking for all the world like a tom looking for trade?
Yes, I had never heard the expression either until I met the husband.  Apparently ‘tom’ is the name for a lady member of the oldest profession in the world...
who knew, not me for one.  I’ve lived such a sheltered life... if you believe that you’ll believe anything!
Anyway, back to what happened yesterday on our shopping trip crossed with Ellie’s town training session.  So many people look at us and smile and remark to each other about Ellie.  She draws comments wherever we go.  Well you might imagine how that goes down with spoilt lump LL,  me being upstaged by a hairy heap!  In the end I’d had enough, I said to a couple saying exactly the same thing to each other...
‘Gone are the days when I got such admiring glances!’
Whether I did is a moot point?
She laughed and said maybe I was on the back burner?
‘On the back burner?  Banished to the blooming scullery, more like!’

I can feel a hissy fit coming on...




7 comments:

  1. Yours or hers? And I think you're both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble Joanne is... I am far too plump, if push comes to shove we could always sit in a doorway with a sign saying ‘Hungry and Homeless’ Ellie would be a huge money spinner with her good looks. I could always make a sign saying ‘Hungry and Humourless’ that at least would illicit cash from the dyslexic members of society?

      LX

      Delete
    2. Err... could be dyslexia is an age thing cos, I should have said elicit!?! Worrying?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Oh -those eyes. Talk about communicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a dog that looks you straight in the eye. She is doing it now as I peer around my legs raised in my old dear’s recliner. Her toy on on the end of my chair and she is staring in order to make me play. More of a bossy- boots than me, hard though that may be to imagine?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...