..

Tuesday 14 July 2020

With a cheesey smile...

I stepped out of the dentist!
I had lost part of a filling way back in the mists of lockdown.
I had an appointment for the back end of August.  I limped along only having my granite crusted sourdough bread in tiny squares in  order not to put too much pressure on my tombstone old pegs!
A call came through...
could I manage a 7 am appointment?
Could I what?
Are there two 7 o clocks in a day I idly wondered?
Telling myself it would be a novel experience to be decent, up and out of the house by 6.45am I agreed.  After she had told me of the conditions I needed to expect on my arrival, I told her mine! 
As they were struggling to fill the early appointments I would grace the surgery with my presence 
only if they could arrange for someone to bring me up a cup of tea in tea at 6am on the morning in question... sounds reasonable to me!  She laughed and neatly dropped the ball into the husband’s court.  

It was like an out of body experience being abroad
in Ludlow at such a strange time, I quite enjoyed it.  I even got there before the dentist.

I must say being approached by two
bright orange suited operators was   weird to say the least.
It felt not unlike being given a seeing to by two jaffas.

I came away pleased as punch: by way of celebration I donned my mask and swept into Aldi, sad that I couldn’t dazzle them there with my 
Colgate ring of confidence.


Sourdough crusts eat your heart out, LL’s choppers are coming to get you!

6 comments:

  1. Well done! Both for getting up at such an ungodly hour and going to the dentist - not a pleasant experience at the best of times. Do you ever wonder how we all managed to get to work in the am in a previous life? I've no idea how I did that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder how we did it, lots of things, not only getting up early! I know for a fact the sheer grinding hard work I used to thrive under as a chef I would cave in within ten minutes now. I blame it on my birthday... too blooming long ago!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a relief it is! I think that's another commercial. Too bad. Happy teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling is what I am. One happy bunny! Not with bunny teeth though!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...