..

Monday 17 February 2020

Spring clean...

After the floods, wind and torrential rain comes... clean.
I have never been known for being house proud, far too lazy for that caper!  The one thing I have always wanted is a fragrant dog.  So many times in the past you stroke a friendly dog and it’s only when you take your hand away you realise you have been impregnated with eau de dawg!
I never want Ellie to be guilty of being a pongy hound.  For this very reason this morning found me horror of horrors, thinking now where did I discard my domestic goddess mantle?  Fancy dress only you understand!  After much searching in dank, dark cupboards I unearthed it and donning it felt strangely evangelical about exercising the clean gene!
The dog was unceremoniously turfed off her by now rather iffy smelling beds.  All covers were put in the washing machine, cushions and the mattresses were hung on the line by the husband.
The plan is to bath Ellie on our return from her big walk and sit and wait for the sweet smelling mutt to emerge like a butterfly out of the chrysalis of crud! 


Can you see her peeping out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...