..

Tuesday 18 February 2020

The downside of...

new reading glasses.
Let me set the scene...
When I was a teenager my mother used to say pluck out those stray hairs between your eyebrows.  Which being a dutiful daughter I did!  


As I’ve aged the hairs that met on my brow giving me the distinct appearance of Frida, have given up the ghost and gone to pastures new.  And here’s the rub they have found their second wind and now seem intent on me having a new career at the circus as the 
Famous Bearded Lady!
Over the intervening years I have dutifully plucked out the odd hair.  These new, and I ought to say first ever reading glasses are a flaming revelation, the ones I’ve missed you just wouldn’t believe!?!  With a magnifying mirror the strength of which if there’s life on another planet you could signal to, I have discovered a shocking fact.  And that is, that job application could be sent any day NOW!  Last night with the husband out at choir practice followed by a pint.  I settled in to a quiet evening just me, the dog, my  mirror, glasses and tweezers.  Well I don’t mind telling you, little was I prepared for the horror that lay in wait.  Hairs of every strength and hue known to man.  Gentle gossamer long wispy ones hiding in the ravages of my jawline.  Evil black, a cactus would be proud to call its own.  Grey with the attitude of hemp rope gracing the deck of a tug boat. Hairs Hitler-like lurking under my nose.
Today I am making an appointment for a facial and hair removal... I might be gone some time.

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...