..

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Ellie we have...

decided should be a gun dog.
Why?  Because she has a soft mouth, illustrated yesterday when after a kerfuffle and squeaking in a bush in the woods she appeared to the call with a mouthful of squirrel.  On instruction from he who demands to be obeyed, well at the very least by the dog, she dropped the squirrel.  Ordering her away, himself looked the squirrel over and stepped back a pace or two.  Still alive but in a state of shock the squirrel laid on the path.  Taking his eyes off the recumbent form to look for a stick to end the little ones life, he found a stick and on his return the squirrel had scarpered, thankfully!

Today we are off to Shrewsbury, to see what luck she has in...
you know what’s coming...

catching... shrews?


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the squirrel escaped! I was dreading what was coming next for a minute there! I feel there should be some witty comeback for the Shrewsbury shrew but I'll need to think about it by which time you'll have moved onto other things! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... I am already writing in my head tomorrow’s post, where my inner Germaine Greer raised her outspoken head.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...