..

Saturday 25 July 2020

Hard core scrumping...

memo to self...
I must provide him with a bag with ‘Swag’ written on it.


When he gets his collar felt by the long arm of the law, I could easily run up a suit with arrows on and bake a cake with a file in it!


‘You’re nicked Sunshine!’

The tree in question is a wonderful greengage tree hanging over the wall from the allotments on the other side.  It seems only right and proper that we should show respect to the tree and enjoy the fruits of its labour.

Greengage jam will be made.
Home made free from all pesticides and nasties jam... what better?

A genteel snapshot of a morning’s 
pilfering in Ludlow...


7 comments:

  1. I agree, it would be rude not to pick them! I'm ready armed with lots of empty jars waiting for some plums in our garden to ripen. Mind you, if we don't get a bit more sun and a bit less rain they might just fall off the tree in disgust! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A goodly amount. We even spoke to the man whose allotment the tree was on, he was picking blackberries. We felt strangely sad we weren’t actually scrumping, that does seem so much more exciting. Jam making tomorrow.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I looked up greengage, and say "Go for it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t greengages grow in America?

      LX

      Delete
    2. I did wonder whether you might have to look up the word ‘scrumping’ Joanne?

      LX

      Delete
  3. On your zide of the fence they are yours anyway. Kind of your neighbour to grow them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are not really ‘our’ side of the wall... the roadside of the wall, so anyone’s I guess?

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...