..

Sunday 19 July 2020

Today... I am all of...

a doo-dah!
Why?  Lots of different reasons.
The main one being I haven’t heard from Audrey and I have faithfully promised I wouldn’t hassle her on the telephone.  She is so strong and happy being in the driving seat of the journey both of us feel is approaching its end.
I do message her so if and when she picks up her iPad she sees I am thinking of her.  Until the last couple of days she has either sent an email or faceTimed me, when she feels strong enough.
We as I have said before talk freely of her death, she informs me she isn’t ready yet?  Her body might have different ideas?
She fortunately has three good friends who help her whenever she requests their attendance, not carers, you understand, perish the thought, thinks one so strong as Audrey!  When I do voice the faint worry that she might die alone, and I have said on occasions that I  hope one morning she just doesn’t wake up! Her tart reply is she fully intends to be awake so as to experience this once in a lifetime experience!  You have got to admit she has a point?
What a woman!



Death is the other reason I feel discombobulated as another friend is sat beside her husband dying in a hospice.  These strange times mean I can’t just do what I want to and hop in the car and go.
So many folk must be feeling the same and a whole lot worse as their worries are closer to home... family members.


5 comments:

  1. As you know, I too have a friend who is dying. I sent her a text last week asking her if she was up for facetime call during the week and all day no reply. Not usual. Eventually I couldn't contain myself and called her on her land line so that her hubby could answer if need be. He did but soon passed it over to my friend who told me she'd been inundated with doorstep visitors that day and hadn't quite got round to a reply as she was so tired. How I want to go to her house and give her a big hug but she won't have it incase anything happens to her hubby and she's quite right, but I feel your pain not being able to do what feels natural. I hope you hear from Audrey soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, husband had been saying about not contacting my other friends as they would be inundated, sound familiar? Well last night I emailed to ask how her husband was and she had said my email came at just the right time as for the first time she was allowed to sleep in an armchair beside his bed as he was close to death. I haven’t heard all day and am now definitely going to do as I am told! She will,of course let me know, doesn’t make it any easier though does it MG? And still today I haven’t heard from Audrey either. Himself has taken Ellen out to the forest in order for me to sit by the phone and ipad.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I wish for the best for you and for Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you both the best.
    I sat by my Mountain Man, willing him the strength to do as he wanted.
    Be there for those left behind, if you are the one left behind keep that space in your heart for all the memories..no regrets.
    It is difficult to know when to reach a hand out..even an electronic one.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...